This intriguing journal's stylings reproduce the binding of The Universe: Or, the Infinitely Great and the Infinitely Little, an encyclopedia of the sciences by French naturalist Felix-Archimede Pouchet (1800-1872), published in London in 1870 and designed by John Leighton.
- Its cover medallions' words and images herald ''Air Water Fire,'' ''Vegetable Animal Mineral,'' and in the center -- ''The Universe,'' spheres indicating latitude and longitude, with zodiac symbols within.
- 160 lightly lined writing pages.
- Thick, smooth-finish acid-free archival-quality paper takes pen and pencil beautifully.
- Matte hardcover journal is embossed with gold foil highlights.
- A gold ribbon bookmark keeps your place.
- Bronze endpapers complement the design.
- Journal measures 6-1/4'' wide x 8-1/2'' high.